Celebrating my first 4th of July as a citizen with great food
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBias
This year will be my first year celebrating 4th of July as an American citizen. Although, this date has always been very important for me, this time I decided to plan a big party to celebrate the Independence Day of the country that has welcomed me with open arms. To start, I created a menu that I think it goes well with the party, including some tostadas with avocado cream as an appetizer, tacos al pastor as a main course and ice cream sandwich for dessert. To save time, I tested the new Smart & Final application that allows me to do my shopping online: Instacart. It is free to access, you create an account or access via Facebook. Then you add your zip code and see a list of supermarkets available in your area. Start shopping right from home and wait for your groceries to arrive! For the remainder of 2015, Smart & Final is scheduled to open 16 additional Smart & FinalExtra! stores including three store conversions.
Enjoy $5 off your first order and free delivery on purchases over $35, using the code SMART5 when checking out!
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 avocados
- ½ cup of First Street sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- In a pot, add the oil until it is hot. Add one by one of the tortillas until crisp, watching not to burn them. Place over kitchen towel to dry and cool.
- In a blender or food processor, add the avocado and sour until smooth. Mix with the lemon juice, cilantro, and tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture over the tortillas (approx. 2 spoons) and sprinkle more cilantro.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce (depends how spicy you want it)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican-style chili powder
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- 1 can of pineapple tidbits (1 cup), drained (save some for toppings)
- ½ garlic (about 6 cloves)
- ½ onion, cut in cubes
- 1 spoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime cut in slices
- Crumble cheese
- Thinly-sliced radishes (optional)
- White onion in cubes (optional)
- 8 corn tortillas
- Add the chipotle, chili powder, pineapple juice, pineapples, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt to taste in a blender and mix.
- When the mix is smooth like a sauce, add the meat in the crock pot/ slow cooker and pour the sauce all over the meat.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Once the time is over, shred the pork using two forks.
- Warm the tortillas and pour 2 spoons of the meat and garnish with the cilantro, pineapple pieces, radish, cheese and onion. Serve with the slices of lemon.
- 1 box of First Street chocolate chips cookies
- First Street Moose Track Ice Cream
- Add 1 scoop over a cookie and put another cookie on top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips over the ice sides if you wish.
Have you planed your menu yet? Which of these recipes would you enjoy the most? leave your opinions under the comments section!